computer, copy of the
George Shrinks by William Joyce (optional)
Skills: Writing, Descriptive language
1. Ready George Shrinks by William Joyce or tell the story to students.
2. Discuss the word perspective with the class and talk about how George's perspective changes after he shrinks.
3. Have students
Twist to magnify
the sink, or in
describe what they see.
4. Have individual students write a story sharing an
adventure they would have in the classroom if they
were to shrink like George. Students use Twist to
take photos that illustrate the stories.
5. Have pairs read each other's stories and discuss their creative descriptions.
6. Have students
Have students read
their stories aloud
and record their
upload to your
website to share
families. Create a
slideshow with the typed stories, uploaded Twist
photos, and Easi-Speak audio recordings.
7. Have students create a comic strip illustrating their
paragraphs. You may want to use Comic Creator on
www.ReadWriteThink.org as a resource.