now!Board From Learning Resources Provides A Portable Solution For An Interactive Classroom
Cost-Effective Whiteboard Technology Facilitates Group Learning in Any Teaching Environment
Vernon Hills, IL (June 25, 2012) – Interactive whiteboards are changing how educators are engaging students in their own learning process. now!Board™, new portable interactive technology from Learning Resources, provides educators with a simple, affordable solution that turns any surface into an interactive learning environment.
"now!Board offers a flexible alternative to installing expensive whiteboards in every classroom throughout a school building," said Nicholas Provenzano, technology curriculum specialist at Grosse Pointe Public School District in Grosse Pointe, MI. "The mobility of now!Board enables teachers to create an engaging, collaborative learning experience in any room or classroom setting for their students."
The portable technology works in all rooms, and is compatible with any projector and a computer. With its compact size and lightweight design, now!Board facilitates interactive teaching throughout the building, in spaces such as the gym, hallway, traditional or mobile classrooms. now!Board conveniently integrates with any software application and is aligned with 21st century learning and innovation skills.
"now!Board is handy for sharing technology resources among classrooms and rolling computer carts," said Kathy Schrock, educational technologist and former director of technology from Eastham, MA. "Plus, now!Board is easy to operate, making this product a convenient and multifaceted tool for all educators regardless of their comfort level with technology."
Designed to meet the needs of both teachers and students, now!Board screen height is variable based on wherever the projector is pointed, allowing students to reach and engage with now!Board at their height. Teachers control the computer and projector from the front of a classroom, and use the "board" to toggle among websites and applications.
Provenzano also cited the simplicity of now!Board as an additional benefit for educators. "The ease of use makes now!Board a great option for teachers looking to bring an interactive whiteboard experience to their students," said Provenzano. "I had now!Board set up within minutes from start to finish, and I was able to easily manipulate my desktop with ease using the stylus provided."
now!Board is part of the Simple Technology product line from Learning Resources. These technology tools enable educators to implement a multisensory approach, helping students learn through a combination of sight, hearing and touch. Field-tested in thousands of classrooms nationwide, the products can be implemented across the curriculum in subjects such as math, reading and science.
now!Board lists at $499, and ships with the now!Board camera, software and guide, carrying case, stylus and wand. The Jr. Wand is sold separately for $35. For more information, visit www.mynowboard.com.
About Learning Resources
Learning Resources is a leading global manufacturer of educational products that deliver unique multisensory learning experiences. For more than 25 years, teachers and parents have trusted the company's award-winning products to turn their classrooms and homes into creative and motivational environments where children find joy in learning and reach their full potential. Learning Resources is headquartered in Vernon Hills, Ill., with a European office based in Kings Lynn, Norfolk, England. For more information, visit www.learningresources.com or call 1-800-333-8281.
- English Language Arts
- Geography/Social Studies
- Early Childhood
- Imaginative & Role Play
- Discovery & Exploration
- Games & Puzzles
- Critical Thinking
- English Language Arts
- Classroom Kits
- Skill Development
- Learning Styles
- Autism Spectrum
- Teacher Resources
For Your Classroom
- Classroom Activities
Tips for Your Classroom
- 10 Tips for Making Science Cross-Curricular
- 10 Tips for Using Reading Games
- 10 Tips to Organize Classroom for maximum Efficiency
- 5 Ways to Liven Up Student Response
- Overcoming Common Core Fears
- Demystifying Informational Text
- Cross-Curricular Math Tips that Rock
- Start the Year Off Right
- Build a Strong and Successful Common Core Classroom
- Tips and Tools to Help Your Students
- Tips to Add STEM into your Classroom
- Strategies to Support the Autism Spectrum in Your Classroom
- Starting Out With Math Manipulatives
- Setting Up for Classroom Success
- 6 Tips to Support Self Esteem in your Students
- 11 Tips for Spelling Success
- STEMify Your Speech. STEMify Your Class!
- Simple Technology Activities
Learning At Home
- Ready, Set, Learn!
- Bored No More
- Making the Most of Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Getting Involved
- Getting Your Child Ready For School
- Encouraging Healthy Eating Habits
- Traveling with Kids?
- Cool Summer Learning
- Progress Check
- The Power of Imaginative Play
- Teacher Gifts that Keep Giving
- The True Value of a Toy
- Personality Presents
- 10 Tips to Keep Your New Year's Resolutions Strong All Year Long
- Making Memories
- Family Game Night
- Discover STEM
- Top 10 Product Picks for Kids with Autism
- Top Picks for Summer Learning for Kids with Special Needs
- Outdoor Learning, Outdoor Fun
- Plan for Summer Learning
- Tips to Help Kids Start the School Year Strong
- 5 Questions to Ask at Open House
- Halloween Treats
- Science Fairs: Simple Steps to Success
- Halloween Costumes
- Halloween Party – Mad Scientist Mania
- Parent-Teacher Conference: 7 Questions Moms & Dads Need To Ask
- The Present Personalizer: A Guide to Picking Gifts By Personality
- Special Holidays, Special Needs: 10 Tips for Moms!
- Thinking About Critical Thinking
- Autism in the Classroom
- Tips for Intervention's "First Responders"
- Decorating Your Classroom
- Using Manipulatives in Reading Intervention
- Help ELLs See the Big Picture
- Research on the Benefits of Manipulatives
- Embrace Technology for Assessment
- Blaze New Paths to Understanding
- What is STEM?
- Product Information
- Product Videos
- Bonus Content
- Activity and Coloring Pages