Learning Resources Launches Teacher Grant for Portable Interactive Technology
Teachers Invited to Submit Collaborative Lesson Ideas for a Chance to Win $2,000 in Products
Vernon Hills, IL (April 25, 2012) – Learning Resources, a leading global manufacturer of educational products, announces the sponsorship of a nationwide teacher grant hosted by the online community WeAreTeachers. The grant provides teachers with the opportunity to win portable interactive technology for their classrooms while collaborating and sharing best practices with educators across the country.
Teachers can apply for the grant online at WeAreTeachers from April 24 through May 22, 2012. To apply, teachers must answer this question: "How would you use portable interactive technology to create collaborative lessons?" After the application process concludes, educators can invite colleagues to vote for their favorite lesson ideas. Voting will begin on May 24, when the submitted nominations will be posted online for public viewing, and will close on June 7.
"We pride ourselves on providing real technology for real teachers," said Wendy Zachrisen, educational marketing manager at Learning Resources. "In addition to recognizing teacher innovation, this program offers educators the chance to showcase their creativity, share ideas and bring new technologies to the classroom."
Each of the three top vote getters will win a set of three now!Boards™ and three GeoSafari Tuff Cams®, a prize package valued at $2,000. Additionally, two merit-based winners selected by a panel of teachers will each win one now!Board and one GeoSafari Tuff Cam, a total value of $700. All of the submissions will be published online, creating a wealth of teacher-generated best practices for the classroom.
"As schools face extensive budget cuts, the need for affordable technology is more apparent than ever," said Sandy Fivecoat, CEO and founder of WeAreTeachers. "With this in mind, we are honored to partner with Learning Resources to provide educators access to simple tools that foster collaboration in the classroom."
now!Board turns any flat surface into an interactive whiteboard. The portable technology works in all rooms, and is compatible with any projector and a computer. With its compact size and simple set up, now!Board can turn any teaching space into an interactive learning environment for students within minutes. In addition to being flexible and portable, the now!Board is an affordable alternative to an installed interactive whiteboard.
With the GeoSafari Tuff Cam, students can safely and easily shoot their own video footage using a durable, kid-tested camera. Featuring a tough, rubber casing, intuitive point and shoot trigger, and easy-view screen, the 12 MP digital video camera is ideal for kid-produced video and still images. The GeoSafari Tuff Cam is perfect for class projects, field trips and other classroom implementations across the curriculum.
Aligned with 21st century learning and innovation skills, the Simple Technology product line from Learning Resources supports early childhood development through exploration, imagination and fun. The hands-on technology tools enable educators to implement a multisensory teaching approach to help students learn through a combination of sight, hearing and touch.
About Learning Resources
Learning Resources is a leading global manufacturer of educational products that deliver unique multisensory learning experiences. For more than 25 years, teachers and parents have trusted the company's award-winning products to turn their classrooms and homes into creative and motivational environments where children find joy in learning and reach their full potential. Learning Resources is headquartered in Vernon Hills, Ill., with a European office based in Kings Lynn, Norfolk, England. For more information, visit www.learningresources.com or call 1-800-333-8281.
- English Language Arts
- Geography/Social Studies
- Early Childhood
- Imaginative & Role Play
- Discovery & Exploration
- Games & Puzzles
- Critical Thinking
- English Language Arts
- Classroom Kits
- Skill Development
- Learning Styles
- Autism Spectrum
- Teacher Resources
For Your Classroom
- Classroom Activities
Tips for Your Classroom
- 10 Tips for Making Science Cross-Curricular
- 10 Tips for Using Reading Games
- 10 Tips to Organize Classroom for maximum Efficiency
- 5 Ways to Liven Up Student Response
- Overcoming Common Core Fears
- Demystifying Informational Text
- Cross-Curricular Math Tips that Rock
- Start the Year Off Right
- Build a Strong and Successful Common Core Classroom
- Tips and Tools to Help Your Students
- Tips to Add STEM into your Classroom
- Strategies to Support the Autism Spectrum in Your Classroom
- Starting Out With Math Manipulatives
- Setting Up for Classroom Success
- 6 Tips to Support Self Esteem in your Students
- 11 Tips for Spelling Success
- Simple Technology Activities
Learning At Home
- Ready, Set, Learn!
- Bored No More
- Making the Most of Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Getting Involved
- Getting Your Child Ready For School
- Encouraging Healthy Eating Habits
- Traveling with Kids?
- Cool Summer Learning
- Progress Check
- The Power of Imaginative Play
- Teacher Gifts that Keep Giving
- The True Value of a Toy
- Personality Presents
- 10 Tips to Keep Your New Year's Resolutions Strong All Year Long
- Making Memories
- Family Game Night
- Discover STEM
- Top 10 Product Picks for Kids with Autism
- Top Picks for Summer Learning for Kids with Special Needs
- Outdoor Learning, Outdoor Fun
- Plan for Summer Learning
- Tips to Help Kids Start the School Year Strong
- 5 Questions to Ask at Open House
- Halloween Treats
- Thinking About Critical Thinking
- Autism in the Classroom
- Tips for Intervention's "First Responders"
- Decorating Your Classroom
- Using Manipulatives in Reading Intervention
- Help ELLs See the Big Picture
- Research on the Benefits of Manipulatives
- Embrace Technology for Assessment
- Blaze New Paths to Understanding
- What is STEM?
- Product Information
- Product Videos
- Bonus Content
- Activity and Coloring Pages