now!Board From Learning Resources Shipping To Classrooms Nationwide
Portable Whiteboard Technology Offers Affordable Solution for an Interactive Classroom
Vernon Hills, Ill. (May 3, 2012) – Learning Resources, a leading global manufacturer of educational products, announces the availability of now!Board™ portable interactive whiteboard technology for classrooms across the country. Aligned with 21st century learning and innovation skills, including critical thinking, communication, collaboration and creativity, now!Board conveniently turns any flat surface into an interactive learning environment.
"The need for affordable technology is critical as schools nationwide are being asked to stretch limited resources," said Wendy Zachrisen, educational marketing manager at Learning Resources. "A cost-effective alternative to a mounted whiteboard, now!Board provides teachers with a simple solution to facilitate group learning and interaction among students and technology in the classroom."
now!Board is designed to be easy to use for both teachers and students. The portable interactive technology works in all rooms, and is compatible with any projector and computer. With its compact size and simple set up, now!Board enables educators to start teaching within minutes. Teachers control the computer from the front of a classroom and use the whiteboard to toggle among websites and applications. now!Board integrates with any software application and existing lesson, creating a versatile teaching environment for all subjects.
"now!Board is a great resource for students of all ages," said Ben Curran, educational consultant and teacher at University Preparatory Academy in Detroit, Mich. "Set up is fast and easy – I had now!Board up and running in under 15 minutes. Furthermore, the technology is easy to operate, offering an intuitive interface for teachers and a hand-held sensor that is perfect for kids."
Curran also cited affordability and accessibility as two additional benefits for schools. "The price tag for now!Board is well below other interactive whiteboard alternatives," said Curran. "Plus, my previous whiteboard was difficult for some of my vertically challenged kids to operate. With now!Board, the screen height is variable based on where my projector is pointed, enabling every student to be an active participant."
now!Board is part of the company's Simple Technology product line. These technology tools enable educators to implement a multisensory teaching approach to help students learn through a combination of sight, hearing and touch. Field-tested in thousands of classrooms nationwide, the products can be implemented across the curriculum in subjects such as math, reading and science.
now!Board lists at $499, and ships with the now!Board camera, software and guide, carrying case, stylus and wand. The Jr. Wand is sold separately for $35. For more information on now!Board, visit www.mynowboard.com.
About Learning Resources
- English Language Arts
- Geography/Social Studies
- Early Childhood
- Imaginative & Role Play
- Discovery & Exploration
- Games & Puzzles
- Critical Thinking
- English Language Arts
- Classroom Kits
- Skill Development
- Learning Styles
- Autism Spectrum
- Teacher Resources
For Your Classroom
- Classroom Activities
Tips for Your Classroom
- 10 Tips for Making Science Cross-Curricular
- 10 Tips for Using Reading Games
- 10 Tips to Organize Classroom for maximum Efficiency
- 5 Ways to Liven Up Student Response
- Overcoming Common Core Fears
- Demystifying Informational Text
- Cross-Curricular Math Tips that Rock
- Start the Year Off Right
- Build a Strong and Successful Common Core Classroom
- Tips and Tools to Help Your Students
- Tips to Add STEM into your Classroom
- Strategies to Support the Autism Spectrum in Your Classroom
- Starting Out With Math Manipulatives
- Setting Up for Classroom Success
- 6 Tips to Support Self Esteem in your Students
- 11 Tips for Spelling Success
- Simple Technology Activities
Learning At Home
- Ready, Set, Learn!
- Bored No More
- Making the Most of Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Getting Involved
- Getting Your Child Ready For School
- Encouraging Healthy Eating Habits
- Traveling with Kids?
- Cool Summer Learning
- Progress Check
- The Power of Imaginative Play
- Teacher Gifts that Keep Giving
- The True Value of a Toy
- Personality Presents
- 10 Tips to Keep Your New Year's Resolutions Strong All Year Long
- Making Memories
- Family Game Night
- Discover STEM
- Top 10 Product Picks for Kids with Autism
- Top Picks for Summer Learning for Kids with Special Needs
- Outdoor Learning, Outdoor Fun
- Plan for Summer Learning
- Tips to Help Kids Start the School Year Strong
- 5 Questions to Ask at Open House
- Thinking About Critical Thinking
- Autism in the Classroom
- Tips for Intervention's "First Responders"
- Decorating Your Classroom
- Using Manipulatives in Reading Intervention
- Help ELLs See the Big Picture
- Research on the Benefits of Manipulatives
- Embrace Technology for Assessment
- Blaze New Paths to Understanding
- What is STEM?
- Product Information
- Product Videos
- Bonus Content
- Activity and Coloring Pages