School may be out, but learning doesn’t have to be. Check out these ten summer toys that will keep your kids’ cognitive skills growing — whether they’re outside having fun in the sun, or enjoying a little quiet time inside on a rainy day.
Sunny Day Play
When the sun is out, it’s a great time for kids to get outside and start exercising their bodies… and their imaginations! As kids pretend, they’re really using creativity that helps them develop thinking and problem-solving skills. And as they run and play, kids develop strength, coordination, and motor skills. Check out these creative toys that are specially designed to get kids thinking — and moving!
- New Sprouts® Picnic! Set includes everything kids will need to plan their very own summer lunch!
- Pretend & Play® Camp Set provides all the accessories kids need to set up their campsite and explore the great outdoors.
- Primary Science™ Leap & Launch Rocket gets kids exercising, since the harder they stomp, the farther the rocket soars!
- Primary Science™ Wow & Wonder Science Set challenges big and small muscles with bubbles and hands-on exploration.
- Primary Science™ Outdoor Discovery Set encourages kids to explore the natural world and conduct their own learning experiments.
Remember, physical activity not only helps kids develop and grow, it also helps them release endorphins that can reduce stress and increase their focus.
Rain, Rain, Go Away!
When it’s raining and little ones are stuck inside, it’s the perfect time to encourage them to take a little break from all that high-energy play. These inside toys and activities are perfect for helping kids self soothe and regulate their own bodies and emotions. Plus, as summer begins to wind down, they can use rainy days to start getting ready for the upcoming school year!
- Gears! Gears! Gears!® Build and Bloom Building Set is a tranquil, soothing activity that kids can use to mix, match, and create a spinning garden.
- Tumble Trax™ Magnetic Marble Run lets kids build a marble track using straight and curved magnetic pieces. It explores gravity and provides an avenue for independent problem solving.
- Teaching Cash Register helps kids pretend to play store keeper, while they learn math and money skills.
- Readiness Kits include all the tools kids will need to prepare kids for a successful school year, from preschool, kindergarten, and first grade.
- Readiness Games are board games that have educational properties but also include social skills, like turn taking and following directions.
Summer is full of exciting possibilities. Keeping kids happy, busy, and mentally and physically sharp is easy with a little bit of planning. That’s why we’re here for all your summer learning needs!
About Learning Resources
By unleashing their imaginations, children learn problem solving and practice real–life skills, helping them grow up to be creative thinkers. At Learning Resources® our mission is to provide high-quality and innovative products that provide fun and engaging learning opportunities for children as they explore, discover their world and develop their creative side. Our award–winning educational toys, learning toys, discovery toys, and teaching tools are designed by educators and have been beloved by teachers, parents and children for over 30 years.
Give the little learners in your life more than a toy. Learning Resources toys are designed to foster the development of key skills for children of all ages. Our extensive selection of learning toys & games is perfect for promoting hand–eye coordination, early numeracy skills, letter recognition, critical thinking and imaginative play.
Learning Resources is an international company headquartered in Vernon Hills, IL.
- English Language Arts
- Geography/Social Studies
- Early Childhood
- Imaginative & Role Play
- Discovery & Exploration
- Games & Puzzles
- Critical Thinking
- English Language Arts
- Classroom Kits
- Skill Development
- Learning Styles
- Autism Spectrum
- Teacher Resources
For Your Classroom
- Classroom Activities
Tips for Your Classroom
- 10 Tips for Making Science Cross-Curricular
- 10 Tips for Using Reading Games
- 10 Tips to Organize Classroom for maximum Efficiency
- 5 Ways to Liven Up Student Response
- Overcoming Common Core Fears
- Demystifying Informational Text
- Cross-Curricular Math Tips that Rock
- Start the Year Off Right
- Build a Strong and Successful Common Core Classroom
- Tips and Tools to Help Your Students
- Tips to Add STEM into your Classroom
- Strategies to Support the Autism Spectrum in Your Classroom
- Starting Out With Math Manipulatives
- Setting Up for Classroom Success
- 6 Tips to Support Self Esteem in your Students
- 11 Tips for Spelling Success
- Simple Technology Activities
Learning At Home
- Ready, Set, Learn!
- Bored No More
- Making the Most of Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Getting Involved
- Getting Your Child Ready For School
- Encouraging Healthy Eating Habits
- Traveling with Kids?
- Cool Summer Learning
- Progress Check
- The Power of Imaginative Play
- Teacher Gifts that Keep Giving
- The True Value of a Toy
- Personality Presents
- 10 Tips to Keep Your New Year's Resolutions Strong All Year Long
- Making Memories
- Family Game Night
- Discover STEM
- Top 10 Product Picks for Kids with Autism
- Top Picks for Summer Learning for Kids with Special Needs
- Outdoor Learning, Outdoor Fun
- Plan for Summer Learning
- Tips to Help Kids Start the School Year Strong
- 5 Questions to Ask at Open House
- Halloween Treats
- Science Fairs: Simple Steps to Success
- Halloween Costumes
- Halloween Party – Mad Scientist Mania
- Thinking About Critical Thinking
- Autism in the Classroom
- Tips for Intervention's "First Responders"
- Decorating Your Classroom
- Using Manipulatives in Reading Intervention
- Help ELLs See the Big Picture
- Research on the Benefits of Manipulatives
- Embrace Technology for Assessment
- Blaze New Paths to Understanding
- What is STEM?
- Product Information
- Product Videos
- Bonus Content
- Activity and Coloring Pages