Summer is a time to relax, unwind, and soak up family time. Let us help you find the perfect toys to fill your summer with playtime fun that everyone can enjoy. Here are our top summer toys for kids of all abilities:
Primary Science Outdoor Discovery Set provides the perfect way to help kids, who use wheelchairs or require stationary play, to experience the fun of planting. All accessories fit well on a wheelchair tray.
Primary Science Leap & Launch Rocket provides kids with proprioceptive input from their bodies. That’s feeling the compression of their muscles and joints in an activity. This can help with focus and attention.
Sensory Tubes let kids explore different textures and outdoor scents without having to touch them with their skin. Vented tops provide opportunities to smell cut flowers while solid lids can be used for sand, dirt or water.
Primary Science Wow & Wonder Science Set includes a large-handled bubble wand. Make bubbles by using large arm movements or blowing, which develops the same muscles needed for speech.
Jumbo Animals are large, easy to see and grasp with a whole hand.
Smart Splash® line of toys can be used in a kiddie pool, or for children who require more stability, fill a shallow plastic tub with water for tabletop fun.
Wild About Animals - Ready, Set, Roar! is an active game that can be played outside. The dice are large and the individual mats can be placed close together or farther apart to accommodate different abilities. And kids in wheelchairs can actively participate.
Smart Toss™ Bean Bag Tossing Game is a great option for active play. Bean bags conform to a child’s hand and won’t roll out of reach!
Primary Science Magnifier and Tweezers are jumbo in size and easy to hold to visually explore the great outdoors.
About Learning Resources
By unleashing their imaginations, children learn problem solving and practice real–life skills, helping them grow up to be creative thinkers. At Learning Resources® our mission is to provide high-quality and innovative products that provide fun and engaging learning opportunities for children as they explore, discover their world and develop their creative side. Our award–winning educational toys, learning toys, discovery toys, and teaching tools are designed by educators and have been beloved by teachers, parents and children for over 30 years.
Give the little learners in your life more than a toy. Learning Resources toys are designed to foster the development of key skills for children of all ages. Our extensive selection of learning toys & games is perfect for promoting hand–eye coordination, early numeracy skills, letter recognition, critical thinking and imaginative play.
Learning Resources is an international company headquartered in Vernon Hills, IL.
- English Language Arts
- Geography/Social Studies
- Early Childhood
- Imaginative & Role Play
- Discovery & Exploration
- Games & Puzzles
- Critical Thinking
- English Language Arts
- Classroom Kits
- Skill Development
- Learning Styles
- Autism Spectrum
- Teacher Resources
For Your Classroom
- Classroom Activities
Tips for Your Classroom
- 10 Tips for Making Science Cross-Curricular
- 10 Tips for Using Reading Games
- 10 Tips to Organize Classroom for maximum Efficiency
- 5 Ways to Liven Up Student Response
- Overcoming Common Core Fears
- Demystifying Informational Text
- Cross-Curricular Math Tips that Rock
- Start the Year Off Right
- Build a Strong and Successful Common Core Classroom
- Tips and Tools to Help Your Students
- Tips to Add STEM into your Classroom
- Strategies to Support the Autism Spectrum in Your Classroom
- Starting Out With Math Manipulatives
- Setting Up for Classroom Success
- 6 Tips to Support Self Esteem in your Students
- 11 Tips for Spelling Success
- STEMify Your Speech. STEMify Your Class!
- Simple Technology Activities
Learning At Home
- Ready, Set, Learn!
- Bored No More
- Making the Most of Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Getting Involved
- Getting Your Child Ready For School
- Encouraging Healthy Eating Habits
- Traveling with Kids?
- Cool Summer Learning
- Progress Check
- The Power of Imaginative Play
- Teacher Gifts that Keep Giving
- The True Value of a Toy
- Personality Presents
- 10 Tips to Keep Your New Year's Resolutions Strong All Year Long
- Making Memories
- Family Game Night
- Discover STEM
- Top 10 Product Picks for Kids with Autism
- Top Picks for Summer Learning for Kids with Special Needs
- Outdoor Learning, Outdoor Fun
- Plan for Summer Learning
- Tips to Help Kids Start the School Year Strong
- 5 Questions to Ask at Open House
- Halloween Treats
- Science Fairs: Simple Steps to Success
- Halloween Costumes
- Halloween Party – Mad Scientist Mania
- Parent-Teacher Conference: 7 Questions Moms & Dads Need To Ask
- The Present Personalizer: A Guide to Picking Gifts By Personality
- Special Holidays, Special Needs: 10 Tips for Moms!
- Thinking About Critical Thinking
- Autism in the Classroom
- Tips for Intervention's "First Responders"
- Decorating Your Classroom
- Using Manipulatives in Reading Intervention
- Help ELLs See the Big Picture
- Research on the Benefits of Manipulatives
- Embrace Technology for Assessment
- Blaze New Paths to Understanding
- What is STEM?
- Product Information
- Product Videos
- Bonus Content
- Activity and Coloring Pages