- Provides children with a visual means to judge weight and compare differences thereby aiding comprehension.
- Can be used to measure items that motivate children such as candy.
- Provides a structured play space for children with attention-deficit issues and encourages focus
- Promotes conversation as children compare weights of different items. Because the conversation is in conjunction with active play children are more likely to feel comfortable in speaking.
- Provides a structured play space and encourages focused attention for children who require a confined space for optimal learning.
- Provides the opportunity to detach the bucket and move it to a place where the child is able to reach it.
- Allows a play partner to join in by placing the bucket on the balance.
- Offers success to children with difficulty in refined movements because the bucket is large.
- Provides visual stimulation
Prepared by the National Lekotek Center