- Provides a short game period so that children with attention difficulties can complete a game and gain a sense of accomplishment and self-esteem.
- Supports simple math equations.
- Allows children whose cognitive skills are not yet adequate for adding and subtracting with 3 numbered dice to work with just 1 die. They can then progress to using all 3.
- Provides opportunities for storytelling conversation, etiquette and imagination through game flow and board illustrations.
- Provides a defined play space (the game board) that allows children to focus their attention.
- Provides skid-resistant playing pieces. Each piece stays in place until it is moved deliberately.
- Keeps dice within the reach of children with limited physical abilities during play. The box offers a confined space to roll the dice.
- Provides game pieces of varied textures to aid children with tactile discrimination and correct moves during game play.
- Assists visually impaired children with a game board rout marked in a very light color against a dark background.
Prepared by the National Lekotek Center